HOW TO SAVE ON YOUR MONTHLY STATEMENT
Assess how your family uses energy in your home
- Leaving unnecessary lights on increases energy costs
- Heating your home higher than 68° in the winter or cooling it below 75° in the summer costs more.
- Turn off computers and all other office equipment when it's not being used, especially over night and on the weekends.
- Taking long showers runs up water heating bills, along with water and sewer bills!
HOME ENERGY SAVING TIPS
Here are some simple tips to help you save energy around your home
- Wash your clothes in cold water and clean your dryer's lint trap before each load.
- Use a microwave for cooking when possible
- Set your refrigerator's temperature to 34-37°F and your freezer's temperature to 0-5°F.
- Only run the dishwasher when it's fully loaded.
- Set water heater temperature to no higher than 120°F.
- Replace incandescent lighting with energy-saving compact fluorescent lamps.
- Ensure that all new appliances that are purchased are ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Change HVAC filters monthly.
- Seal holes and gaps in your home's exterior.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TOGETHERWESAVE.COM
Take complete advantage of the website togetherwesave.com to find out some other little ways to conserve energy. On the website you will find a Virtual Home Tour that shows you just how much you can actually save. Along with that, another great item that the website has to offer is the Energy Saving Application. This application focuses on different energy and money saving actions that shows how much you can save. You can alse share your stories and view videos with more ways to save.
WHAT SURPRISE VALLEY ELECTRIC CORP. HAS TO OFFER
Surprise Valley Electrification Corp. offers member incentives for installing energy efficiency measures in their homes and agricultural systems.
Residential incentives include free compact flourescent lights and water heater wraps.
In the field, agricultural irrigation hardware improvements, such as installation or replacement of pressure regulators, nozzles, sprinklers, and gaskets qualify for incentives.
SVE continues to provide pump tests at no costs to its members.
Please contact DJ Northrup, SVE's Member Service Manager, with any questions about residential efficiency incentives, if you have an agricultural project you believe is eligible for an incentive or to schedule a pump test of your system. Please note that incentives may change without notice.
*A detailed list of the Energy Efficiency Incentives that SVE has to offer is mailed out to our members in their New Member Packets. Extra copies can be obtained in our office located in Alturas.